Last updated: May 25, 2018
Electronic Compliance Audit Tools Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the ECAT mobile application (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
The Information We Collect
This Privacy Statement applies to all information collected by or submitted to ECAT through the Site, including personal information. “Personal information” is data that reasonably can be used to identify or describe an individual.
ECAT collects personal information when:
- you become a registered member on the Site;
- you request that ECAT contact you;
- you download ECAT software (where required);
- you download ECAT Partner software (where required);
- you register for an online training course;
- you make online purchases;
- you request support for a ECAT product;
- you register for webcasts and other online events;
- you request information or materials (e.g., whitepapers);
- you participate in surveys and evaluations;
- you participate in promotions, contests or giveaways;
- you submit questions or comments to us;
- you subscribe to an electronic mailing list.
The types of personal information collected may include (but are not limited to):
- your first and last name;
- your role in your organisation;
- your organisation’s name;
- your home, billing, or other physical address (including street name, name of a city or town, county, state/province and country);
- your e-mail address;
- your telephone number;
- any other identifier that permits ECAT to make physical or online contact with you;
- the ECAT Services product in which your are primarily interested;
- any information that ECAT collects online from you and maintains in association with your account, such as:
- your ECAT Services username,
- your ECAT Services password,
- your credit card account information.
ECAT also collects more general information about your use of products and services offered on the Site, and your participation in various forums and projects. In addition, our Site uses tracking technologies to record information, such as; (i) the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, (ii) the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using, (iii) the browser software you use and your operating system, (iv) the date and time you access our Site, and (v) the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Site.
Using Your Personal Information
ECAT uses the personal information you provide to:
- create and maintain your accounts;
- process, fulfill, and follow-up on your orders;
- answer your questions;
- register you in programs (per your request);
- send you information;
- send you newsletters;
- send you surveys.
We also use this personal information, in conjunction with the information collected regarding your purchases and participation in various activities, to provide you with information related to your account and the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service, and to personalise communications.
The Legal Basis for Processing your data
If you are an individual from the European Union (EU), our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on that information collected. Normally we will collect personal information from you only when:
- we have your consent to do so,
- where we need your personal information to perform a contract with you such as to deliver any ECAT services you have requested,
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests.
Note : In most cases if you do not provide the requested information ECAT will not be able to provide you the service you request.
Note : In some cases we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent at any time. Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data, you have the right to object.
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us email@example.com
Sharing Your Personal Information
ECAT works with other companies that provide services to us to help us run our business. The companies we work with have declared their conformity to the EU GDPR and those services include but are not exclusive to:
- Hosting our web sites. At this time our current provider is WP Engine
- Visit https://wpengine.com/support/gdpr-compliance/ for more information
- Sending & Receiving email
- Visit https://www.zoho.com/gdpr.html for more information
Unless you assent, ECAT will never share any personal information you provide to us except as described below.
- As required by law (such as responding to a valid subpoena, warrant, audit, or government action, or to prevent fraud).
- In the context of a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, or divestiture (pursuant to a pledge of confidentiality under which the recipient agrees to use the information for no purpose other than carrying out the transaction).
Specifically, we do not permit those companies that provide services to ECAT to use any personal information we share with them for their own marketing purposes or for any other purpose than in connection with the services they provide to us.
Data Subject Access Rights
Customers: You have the right to access, correct and update your personal information. As a customer you can access, correct or update your account information by editing your profile record at ECAT.com
Where we have a legal obligation to gather and store personal information on a transaction invoice or other document and where for example: it may be required at a future time to provide a copy of such legal invoice to HMRC (UK Tax authority), then ECAT will review any Data Subject Access Rights direct or indirect changes or request.
You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any such Subject Access Request (“SAR”), and we will respond within twenty (20) days.
Your Choices About Receiving E-Mail
ECAT makes every effort to provide you with the ability to opt-in and opt-out of receiving communications from ECAT and/or its partners.
ECAT may send you e-mail about your account, about the products you have downloaded and/or purchased, to remind you about a webcast for which you have registered or a service you have purchased, or in response to your questions. If you choose to receive it, ECAT may send you our technical newsletter and other related technical information. ECAT may also send you e-mail with information and/or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you if you have opted in to such communications. In addition, with your assent, our business partners may send you such information.
You may let us know whether or not you would like to receive information, special offers, and promotional materials from ECAT or our business partners when you create an ECAT account, when you register for a service, when you provide us with your personal information, or when we send you e-mail. You may also update these choices in your registration profile at any time. Please note that if you choose not to accept promotional e-mails, you may not receive special offers that may be of value to you.
ECAT will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of the newsletter or any of our direct marketing communications at any time. All newsletters and promotional e-mail sent from ECAT will contain a provision allowing you the option to decline receiving future e-mail. You may unsubscribe to an e-mail communication by contacting ECAT at the email address provided below and requesting that you be unsubscribed from that specific communication:
To unsubscribe from ECAT email communications:
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Ireland and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to Ireland and process it there.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a children under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.