Privacy & GDPR
AN ORGANIZATION THAT WORKS WITH EU (EUROPEAN UNION) CUSTOMER DATA MUST ABIDE BY THE EU GDPR
- Using our products for work. ECAT Customers located in the EU or who store personal customer data of an EU person in our software applications must conform to GDPR.
2. What is GDPR and what is ECAT doing to comply?
GDPR stands for the General Data Protection Regulation and is effective as of May 25th, 2018
From that date GDPR replaces all existing EU Member national privacy and security laws with a single, comprehensive EU-wide law that governs the use, sharing, transfer and processing of any personal data that originates from the EU.
We appreciate that our customers may have requirements under GDPR that are directly impacted by their use of our products
and services. We are committed to helping our customers stay in compliance with GDPR and their local requirements.
In addition, here are a few things that we’re committed to doing to ensure our compliance with GDPR and that of our customers:
- Where we process data outside of the EU – such as card payment processing – we endeavour to have the appropriate and most secure data transfer mechanisms in place as required by GDPR.
- We commit to follow appropriate security measures and precautions in accordance with GDPR.
- We will ensure that employees authorized to process personal data have committed to confidentiality.
- We will hold any sub processors that handle personal data, including our data center partners, to the same data management, security, and privacy practices and standards to which we hold ourselves.
- We will assist a customer, upon request, and as much as reasonably possible, to respond to a data subject request (SAR) they may receive under the GDPR.
3. Does ECAT process personal data?
4. Can ECAT help me with an Individual Rights Request (Subject Access Request)?
In many cases, you may be able to log into your account and edit or change information or settings available. Where this is not possible, please contact us to request assistance with any such Individual Rights Request (SAR).
5. Where does ECAT store and send my data?
As of the date of this notice: Customer data is stored on dedicated server instances in WP Engine Server.
We may need to send a customer’s data to other organizations to help us provide our services.
Our goal is to provide a secure, fast, and reliable service to our customers.
7. Does ECAT use sub-processors to further process my data?
8. Who can I contact at ECAT with questions regarding GDPR?
You are encouraged to review this page first as you may find your topic of interest has already been addressed. However,
we do understand there may be times where it may help to contact us directly.
Published Date: 25 May 2018